1. What are your first three steps when you are ready to research using online resources?
2. When instructed to do so, go to http://allaboutexplorers.com/
Look this Website over. Is this a site that you would use for school research projects?
Why or why not?
3. When instructed to do so, go HERE.
Review 5 Criteria for Evaluating Web Pages.
4. When instructed to do so, go to http://staceykern.weebly.com/7th-grade-web-evaluation-resources.html
Click on the website that is assigned to you.
Use the information on the provided worksheet to determine whether or not the assigned
Website is one that you would use for research.
5. Website Reveal--Which sites are real and which are fake?
6. Google/Other Search Engines
Use Google to search for "hydroponics".
Discuss the results: Ads, Popular sites, URL preferred, # of hits
7. Explora Tutorial and access
Show Explora tutorial
How to get to the site--links from Media Center
Search "hydroponics" now. How are the results different from Google search results?
Explora scavenger hunt (on paper) and set up the EBSCO folders with students.
8. Exit ticket